In determining both the present and future rates of timber available for harvest, Forest Ecosystem Solutions Ltd. considers how economic, environmental, and social issues influence the management unit. We assess both existing and proposed forest management strategies, plus examine alternative harvest levels, to determine their effects on timber supply.
Forest Ecosystem Solutions Ltd. has carried out numerous timber-supply analyses projects. These analyses projects have included the following tasks:
- Preparation of data packages and landbase netdown.
- Development of yield curves and stand volume tables.
- Associated harvest scheduling and tactical planning.
- Allowable cut determination information.
- Economic and employment assessment.
- Report preparation.
- Presentation to public and government.
FESL recently completed Timber Supply Review projects in BC for the following areas: